My Homemade Skin Care Recipes. Part 1

by - 11:01:00 AM

Hello,

It had been a crazy time lately for me. Adding to this the heat and humidity during summer that just made me super stressed out and exhausted. And guess what??? My face started to show it!!!  The dark circles, the dark spots, discoloration, dullness … Oh God.

I was always impressed by makeup and its ability to transform the person from an ordinary individual to a super star looking one. However, my pleasure in taking caring of my skin is much bigger and enormous. My main concern is having a flawless skin without makeup. In other words, I mainly care about the base, the skin.

For quite some time I was questioning the use of chemicals on my body and face. Two years back I took notice of a wide range of alternative products granted by nature. Therefore, I said why not trying few homemade skin care recipes after a recommendation from one of my friends. These treatments are simply great for the skin, the environment and it saves me those huge money bills to spend on those fancy beauty products/spas.



Below is only the first part of the variety of skin care that you can make at home with few simple ingredients. I practice this routine twice to 3 times weekly to indulge every single element of my face.

My first recipe is made of one of the most amazing spices when it comes to the overall health and skin beauty. Due to its multitude beauty benefits, it has been called “The golden spice of life”. Yes it is Turmeric. This mask is made of only three ingredients, but each one is a skincare workhorse.

| Turmeric Powder |

Turmeric Mask:
Turmeric
Honey
Milk or milk powder or ever rose water.

| Turmeric Mask |

No need to emphasize about measurements here; I just mix all the elements together until getting a creamy texture. Apply the mask all over your face and make sure to wear an old t-shirt. Leave for at least 20 min or until it’s dry, then wash with water. I always scrub the mask off with my hands while washing to ensure removing all residues of yellowish color. My goodness how I love the feeling of the glowing and brightening skin after washing my face!! It is really fantastic.

The second step is a fully moisturizing and softening egg yolk and honey eye mask. The egg yolk is made up of mostly water and fats, which makes it a great water-binding agent that locks moisture into your skin cells, leaving your face soft, supple & hydrated. From the other side honey acts as a great anti-aging agent and moisturizer. It also helps protect the skin from harmful UV and facilitate the skin’s ability to rejuvenate. Honey also has the ability to absorb and retain moisture and this maintains the skin well hydrated, fresh and supple.

Egg Yolk & Honey Mask (For Eyes):
1 Egg Yolk.
1 table spoon Honey.

Mix the 2 elements and keep in a plastic container in the freezer. If the honey used is a pure it will not freeze. But if it’s not, I can’t guarantee….

 | Egg Yolk & Honey Mask for Eyes |

Now it’s time to exfoliate the lips using a very simple recipe made of honey, lemon juice & brown sugar. About 3 months ago, I tried the elf lip exfoliatorand since then I’ve been using it especially that it contains “sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils”.


| ELF Lip Exfoliator |

Lastly I opt for yoghurt and parsley mask, a creamy facial mask that leaves the skin soft and refreshed. I like to call it “Youth Mask” considering the parsley a great source of Vitamin C and also known for its skin lightening properties that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots and discolored skin on the face.  The soft, fresh and moist feelings after rinsing off are just awesome.

Yoghurt and Parsley Mask:
Bunch of Parsley.
1 cup of plain yoghurt.
Rose water to mix and also for the nice smell.

Puree all the ingredients and I choose to place in the ice cube tray in the freezer and I take out 20 to 30min before use to defreeze.

| Parsley & Yoghurt Mask |

The experience of making my own skin care products, made me learn about many ingredients and may desire to widen my knowledge grows day by day.
                                               
A Moroccan wisdom states; if you can’t benefit from natural recitpes, it won’t harm you. Try them for yourself or even give them as gifts by reusing glass jars or bottles. Your friends and relatives will love the personal touch, and you’ll be recycling and saving money too!

Thanks for stopping by.

P.S: I haven’t stopped using my skincare products. This routine is used, as mentioned, 2 to 3 times weekly only. More details on my skin care routine will be provided on a future post.


You May Also Like

0 comments