Review: Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

by - 10:25:00 PM

I’ve read lately about the multiple benefits of the charcoal for the skin, and I have been interested in trying some skin care products containing this ingredient as they become a bit of a trend now.
Usually when I’m not sure which product I should get, I tend to go for either the small size or the drugstore type, just to, kind of, have a first impression. Therefore I thought of trying the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser.

| Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser |

Biore claims that the product “draws out and traps 2x more dirt & impurities than a basic cleanser, purifying pores to leave your face deeply cleaner and your skin tingly-smooth. Pores are twice a clean after just one use. With natural charcoal”. Well!! Let’s see!!

| Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser |

I have been using this for over a week now and I’m not sure if it is purifying my pores or not as anyway I don’t have large pores. However I have to admit that after couple of times, I see less and less blackheads though around my nose. A second unexpected thing is having a slightly oily skin the next day.  
I must also mention that this cleanser didn’t do a good job by removing my makeup effectively the first day so I went to use a makeup remover just before applying it.

| Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser swatches|

From another hand, my face feels considerably fresh, cold and clean after use. A very surprising strong minty sensation that really wakes you up in the morning after rinsing.

Unfortunately that sensation is not the product “deep cleaning” it’s just the menthol giving a cooling sensation, which isn’t a problem for me.  Another disappointing fact is the ingredients; I noticed that this cleanser has more menthol than charcoal, and also contains parabens and sulfates, which are not an issue for some people, unlike me. And finally, the charcoal, supposedly the main ingredient of this product, is listed with the fragrance/preservative/paraben ingredients at the bottom. In case you didn’t know, ingredients are listed in order of concentration. The products with the most concentration are listed in the top, and it descends from there. Generally the perfumes and preservatives are listed at the bottom of the list, or anything with a less than 1% concentration in the product.

| | Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser Ingredients|

I’m left confused in front of this product. As I think it’s a must-have product especially for the ones with a normal to dry skin as it balances it out and leaves it smooth with a pretty strong fresh feeling due to the menthol, but looking at the ingredients I tell myself that this stuff should be out of my list.

I’m really disappointed with this cleanser, as it would have been a good product to consider in my must-have list if only it was a paraben and sulfate free and if had a higher percentage of natural charcoal as it claims. Sadly it’s not the case so I don’t think I would think of repurchasing it or even keeping it for longer.

Thanks for your read! Hope this helps.


You May Also Like

0 comments