Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

by - 4:02:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

When I first got into the beauty scene, I was convinced that all the watery solution aren’t worth trying as they were just pricy spring water, until I decided to try one. I’m sure you’ve all heard a great deal about micellar water by now. For those who don’t know what it is; it’s a water based cleanser containing micelles that acts like a magnet to remove dirt and makeup from your skin.


Micellar Water is the makeup remover of choice by makeup artists. Bioderma were the first to launch this micellar water hype and other competing brands came out later with similar products such as L’Oreal, Avene, Vichy,..etc. Today I thought I’d take a moment to review Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.


I’ve been using this product for over 3 weeks now and I think I’ve given it a good trial to warrant my review. At first, I loved the packaging; it’s very sleek and girly especially with its pink lid. As clear on the label, Garnier claims to remove makeup, cleanse and soothe with no rinse off. It also claims to be convenient for face, eyes and lips for all skin type even the sensitive one. The best part is yet to come; it’s hypoallergenic with NO alcohol, NO perfume and PARABEN FREE. I wouldn’t have expected all this in a huge bottle for so cheap!


Garnier comes in a 400ml bottle which you can get a 200 uses out of as it’s mentioned. I’m not sure about this as I’ve been using this product for some time and I didn’t even reach the half of it which is very convenient for an everyday use product. I think skincare companies should reconsider the sizes of their products from now on.


When it comes to removing makeup, I’m impressed. At first glimpse, it looks just like plain water and it’s hard to expect it would do any good but it really works. It simply whips makeup, oil and dirt off the skin leaving no residue or skin tightness. However, I can say that it’s not efficient with waterproof eye products. I personally prefer an oil based cleanser for a better job.

In theory, rinsing is not required after the use of micellar water, but as a skincare addict I still embrace my skin cleansing routine using a cleanser, a toner and a moisturizer. Honestly, nothing beats cleansing wash and water. Therefore, I’ve ended up using this micellar water as a makeup remover only.


Overall, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is one those really satisfying products, so lightweight as you would presume from the world “Water”. It makes the skin feels lovely, refreshed and clean even after hours later with no other cleansers or products. It’s an excellent pick with no doubt. I wish if they had a junior version though convenient for travel/overnighter. With all that said, I will still repurchase it and I highly recommend it for 3 basic reasons; price, efficiency and ingredients.

Have you tried any Micellar Water? Let me know your favorite!

With love,


You May Also Like

0 comments