My DIY Natural Facial Serum

by - 9:48:00 AM

Few years back my skincare routine was limited to a cleanser, toner and a moisturiser and to be honest I can’t even remember the number of times I skipped all the three and slept with my makeup on … I know, I know, that’s awful and I have to agree as this concluded only to a dull and uneven skin tone with dark spots and circles. 

I was convinced that nothing in the world would bring the radiance back to my skin. And of course I was wrong. After trying many things, there was this last thing that I was avoiding from the point that if nothing worked why this one would? But eventually I gave it a try and I’m SUPER GLAD I did… This last thing is nothing but essential oils.

| My Essential Oils |

My process was very simple; I restricted my skincare routine only to my DIY masks and essential oils. And guess what?? It worked. I can even say that my skin was never as great as it is. Another thing that I noticed; this regiment improved the dryness of my skin; it feels more hydrated and regains its elasticity…. Magic No?????  

I couldn’t imagine myself calling a product a “Can’t live without”, but today I can definitely say it loud and clear about these essential oils. Having now a proper skincare routine, which will be explained in details in a future post, I of course have no intention to disregard my magical regiment. Therefore I decided to have it as a daily serum and I totally love it. So let’s get started!

P.S: The essential oils you get might be potent and powerful; therefore be sure to test on a small area to see you skin reaction before application on the face. Another thing that is advisable is diluting the essential oils with carrier oil. You can check here for proper information about diluting essential oils. My lovely follower Liv from http://momprepares.com, suggested her Complete A-Z Guide on how to dilute essential oils, for both children and adults. (Thanks Liv :) !!).

Ingredients:

I use organic essential oils I got from Morocco. These organic ingredients should be kept in a dark glass container to extend the shelf life and potency of the serum. I’ve personaly re-used my clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector bottle. 

| My Re-used Clinique dark spot corrector bottle |

Argan Oil – Check all the benefits in my previous post here
Vitamin E Oil or Capsules – Provides moisture as well as antioxidant properties. Prevents and repairs free radical damage great for brown spots and scars. Speeds up cell regeneration. 
Calendula Oil – Great natural moisturiser for dry skin. It has antiseptic, anti fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which make it a great option for treating skin infections. Helps reduce inflammation in skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis. 
Lemon Oil - Good remedy for increasing the luster of dull skin. It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, and rejuvenates sagging or tired-looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples, Acne and various skin disorders. Lemon is also recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin. 
Beauty Oil With Rose – Helps to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase. This results in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasticity.  
Prickly Pear Seeds Oil/ Barbary Fig Seed Oil - Used alone or blended, it’s an extremely pure ingredient with claims to be the “ultimate” in beauty oils- the new argan oil! Rich in potent antioxidants soothe the face, help with signs of aging, and improve overall texture.

Recipe for my DIY day serum:
I use my Argan Oil only as my day serum just after my toner and before my moisturiser. I also apply it to my neck and eyes.

| Argan Oil |

Recipe for my DIY night serum:
The Vitamin E oil i’m currently using is very concentrated, a 40’000 I.U., so I decided to dilute it  by 2% using the Barbary Fig Seed Oil as a carrier. In other terms; 2 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil.

Add to that:
1 tsp (5ml) Beauty Oil with Rose.
1 tsp (5ml) Lemon Oil.
2 tsp (10ml) Calendula Oil.

Et Voila!

I switch between these serums and sometimes I even use my day serum for night, it all depends on how I feel my skin that day. You can check the proper Skincare Order Of Application here. This recipe may need tweaking, to accommodate your skin care needs.  There are other essential oils that seem to have a good effect on the skin too and I will definitely try them in future but for the time being I’m only using what I have on hand. 

From the other hand, while the cost may seem exorbitant, in the long run it’s a much more economical scenario than buying high priced brand name serums and most importantly SAFER and keep in mind that just a little bit goes a long way.

So far, I’ve been using them for more than two year and again I LOVE IT…. Didn’t I say that too much by now??? I know but I’m really proud of my magical blend. My skin drinks it up and it looks much smoother and healthier and my panda eyes are completely gone.

This natural facial serum recipe is super easy to make. Just weigh the ingredients, mix and bottle. I hope you’ll give it a try and you’ll love it too!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. prickly pear carrier oil

    Thank you for sharing valuable information. I got so much important informative knowledge from your blog.

    ReplyDelete