Review: Makeup Revolution Blushing Hearts & Summer of Love

by - 2:50:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Dupes, who doesn’t like them?… I personally do. Especially when you get less expensive products with amazing quality. What more can you ask for????  The UK brand Makeup Revolution seem to have a wide range of obvious dupes for high end or inspired ones to some extend for drugstore prices, even cheaper! 

Today I’ll be looking at the blushing hearts I got, in shades peachy keen heart, bursting with love and candy queen of hearts and the summer of love bronzers in shades love hot summer and hot summer of love. You may have noticed that the packaging is extremely similar to the Too Faced Blushes but I don’t own these so I can’t really compare them. 



The Too Faced sweethearts blushes were since their launching in my Wishlist but every time I was in the state of “Go Girl, get it” I simply couldn’t justify the price of $30. Therefore when I spotted the blushing hearts I was caught by the packaging at first and I had to have them. 

I was so excited to be receiving them, I mean who wouldn’t?? You can only look at these and instantly think how damn cute they are! They look stunning and are beautifully presented; a huge heart shaped containing three baked shades. They are very pigmented and shimmery and only the tiniest bit is needed on the brush. 

I will start with the triple baked bronzers. I won’t lie, at first the names were a bit confusing to me as they are so similar; hot summer of love and love hot summer. Still I love the colours, it sort of already has a builtin highlighter which helps achieve that sun kissed look. 


In the swatch, I’ve made sure to go across every single shade from left to right with the final swatch being a blend of all the three.
| Hot Summer Of Love |
| Love Hot Summer |

Next up, is the blushing hearts triple baked blusher, presented into three different sections which you can choose to use individually or together. 



Bursting with love is the darkest pink set out that provides such a natural colour with its very light lavender shade that can double up as a highlighter, followed by a cute baby pink then a bright pink. 


Candy queen of hearts is a gorgeous combination of pink and peach colours. It features a blue pink, a light orange coral then a darker coral shade. It delivers a light sparkle of colour with a lovely radiance and a healthy glow.


Peachy keen heart is my favourite at the moment with its gold, peach and bronze shades. I love to use it when I want a really bronzed up look especially with its added shimmer hint. 



Both blusher and bronzer feel soft and buttery with a great pigmentation that shows up on the skin right way without layering.  Although being shimmery, the particles are not noticeable on the face as they don’t highlight any imperfections or clog enlarged pores which makes these products wearable and they last 5 hours or a bit more. 

Another great thing about these blushers and bronzers is that you can technically use the shades separately or blended which gives room to play with highlighting, contouring…etc. 

I’m so impressed with this brand. I can’t seem to find any fault with the price, packaging or quality of their products. I definitely recommend the blushing hearts blushers and summer of love bronzers; at £4.99 each, you can't go wrong!


You May Also Like

0 comments