Makeup Order Of Application

by - 4:12:00 PM

Hey Guys,

Just as I highlighted earlier the importance of the skin care order of application here, I will go through the correct order of makeup application which is actually quite crucial to get that flawless look and a longer staying power.

To be honest, before working on this post, I had things done the way I thought it was supposed to go on but in truth there is a specific order of applying makeup that makes the most sense and here I am passing this knowledge onto you.


Certainly I skip many steps for my everyday makeup, nevertheless this a complete working order to follow.

1. Primer


The first step is to even out the skin tone and prepare a smooth canvas for the rest of the products. To kick this off, use a primer; a face, eye and lip primers.

2. Brows

Shaping and filling in brows before eye makeup, provides a clear frame to work with when applying eye shadow. In case of mistake you can easily correct it without worrying about running the eye makeup.

3. Eyes


Setting the eyes, especially when creating a smoky look, ensures you won't need  to correct any fallout and saves you serious time. I personally do my face first most days especially that I only use light colors or sometimes nothing. Once you're done with the eye shadow, here come into play the eyeliner followed by the mascara.

4. Color Correcting


I prefer to go first over all the blemish and discolorations using my color correcting palette, or some would call it simply concealer, just so after applying the foundation, those freaky colors won't be noticeable.

5. Foundation

Now that the base has been prepared, I easily apply the foundation to cover up all the "mess" without having to layer it so I end up being cakey.

6. Concealer


In this specific step, I mean by concealer, an under eye one or some would call it an under eye brightner, which could be use for some extra cover-up.

7. Setting Powder

Some people choose to skip this step and some don't. However it is important to set everything with a translucent powder to keep the makeup in place.

8. Bronzer and Blush


Either for contouring or just a simple sun kissed look, the bronzer is to be used first followed by a blush for a pretty wash of the cheeks.

9. Highlighter


For more glow and radiance, apply the highlighter at last to your cheekbones, bridge and tip of the nose, cupid's bow and the arch of brows.

10. Lips


The sequence is simple here Liner > Lipstick > then Gloss.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks for your reading.


You May Also Like

0 comments