Review: The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

by - 11:19:00 AM

Hi Y'all,

As fall-winter season knocked the door already, it's time for me to adjust my skin care regimen to something tick and hydrating. To start off, I decided to give the balm/butter "technology" a try; and of course I had to grab The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, which I will be reviewing today.


For the newbies in my blog, I'm obsessed with anything related to camomile. This cleansing butter, is basicaly my second product I use of this range from TBS. My first was the Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover and this stuff is simply AMAZING.

The Camomile sumptuous Cleansing Butter is described to be "an indulgent make-up remover for the whole face. It gently and efficiently melts away make-up and impurities, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and pampered. Gently melts away make-up, leaves skin feeling clean and petal-soft, removes all types of make-up and suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers". And that's exactly what it does, however I can't confirm the last 2 points as I don't belong to any of these categories.

This cleansing butter comes in a light weight and secure tin, making it compact and easy for travel. At first glance when I opened it, I could only think of coconut oil in terms of texture and colour.


Verily, the camomile cleansing butter has a waxy consistency that melts at touch into a luxurious oil, with a calming floral scent where I detect camomile. It feels lovely on my dehydrated skin and it's ideal for a good soft face massage.

I'm sure everyone has gone trough the pain of removing the waterproof makeup. Well, not to worry gals, just name the most stubborn makeup product and I promise that it won't stand a chance.  A tiny bit of the product is needeed at a time which makes a little goes a long way.

| Before |
The only down about this product, well you can't have it all, is the low amount of the camomile, but to its defense, this is just a cleanser that should be removed after few seconds.

Saving the best to the last, this cleansing butter, removes effortlessly my makeup without leaving my skin dry or tight and without the greasy residue I get from using the coconut oil. This stuf is great! My skin feels so soft and hydrated after using it. It's so gentle that even when I use it on my eyes, it doesn't sting.

| After |
As I've said in an earlier post, nothing beats cleansing wash and water, so I always go for a double cleanse. On the second step, though, there is no trace of makeup to report.

In fact, The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is definetely a good treat for colder and drier winter season. It's an absolute delight to use, super effective and luxurious. I LOVE IT!!! And for a fact, I officialy add it to my list of holy grail products.

Hope you enjoyed this review... Stay Tuned!!!


You May Also Like

0 comments