My Coconut Oil Beauty Hacks

by - 11:06:00 PM


Everyone is raving about this natural substance, from nutritionists, beauticians to bloggers... Meet coconut oil. Internet is packed with its tremendous benefits that are claiming to replace every beauty product in your regimen. This is why, I'm excited to share with you today, few of my uses of the coconut oil.

In addition to its "Just came from a Bali Beach" smell, coconut oil in particular, is natural, economically friendly and has tons of surprising beauty uses, thanks to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.

Skin

- MakeUp Remover: Works as a balm. It gently breaks down the most stubborn makeup in no time and leaves the skin very soft and hydrate. A little amount is needed for the whole face and the only down is the greasy residue left  after wash but that's no big deal, at least for me, as I double cleanse anyway. 
- Lip Balm: In cold, dry seasons, coconut oil, heals instantly dry and chapped lips and can even work as a lip gloss. 
-Face masks: For a soft and supple skin mix 1 egg, 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1 tbsp of pure honey or just coconut oil and pure honey.

Hair

- Hair Mask: For hair growth stimulation and deep conditioning, massage coconut oil into the hair from roots to ends an hour or 2 before stepping into the shower or leave it overnight. It smells amazing and works wonders on dry and damaged hair thanks to its nourishing properties. In fact, coconut oil dramatically improved my hair condition. Another hair mask for treating split ends and preventing breaking; mix coconut oil with an egg yolk and apply to the scalp. For more hydration blend it with an avocado. 
- De-frizzer: A tiny bit is enough to detangle my hair and nourish my dry ends. It penetrates easily and doesn't even look greasy. 
- Curling Oil: Apply it on damp wet hair and works perfect as a curl definer, adding volume and shine.

Body

For a soft supple skin, removing dead skin is the key and the scrubs are the best to use.  For this, I mix coconut oil, raw sugar and essential oils, which are optional. This easy DIY scrub can be tick at first but it quickly melts and after rinsing, a light layer of coconut is felt which is not bothering and can be followed by body wash. It is in fact exfoliating and moisturizing.

I'm blindly obsessed with oils, and they never disappointed me.  You can find few of my essentials oils uses here and coconut oil is, with no doubt, a great element in my route of slowly getting rid of the harsh chemicals. There are still hundreds of application of this great oil, and I'm damn determined to test as many as I can. If haven't used yet, you better hurry and give it a go.


You May Also Like

0 comments