What's My Everyday Makeup ?

by - 8:34:00 AM


I always find reading or watching other gals’ makeup routine fun. I have never been a whiz when it comes to makeup, but I believe that everyday makeup is about looking like me, just fresher and lightly enhancing my positive features. I thought it would be a nice post to show you my everyday makeup essentials; things I reach for even when I ran out of time.

After my morning skin care routine and applying SPF, I begin my makeup routine by using a primer. I’ve been recently enjoying the Rimmel Fix & ProtectMakeup Primer and right after I move into the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer to correct my dark spots and then it’s time for my perfect base on normal days; the BB Cream which does wonders to dull skin. Currently I’m loving the Rimmel BB Cream Radiance, reviewed here. I generally avoid using powders as I have dry skin and I prefer the dewy skin finish rather than the matte one.

Since I started doing my brows, there is no way I can skip them. And I’ve got to say that done brows makes the whole face look neat and put together. I’ve been using for quite some time the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder but I’ll soon have to replace it because I’ve already reached the tin. To complete all I use the Wet’N’Wild Mega Clear Mascara to keep my brows in place.

Now it’s time to give some colour to these eyes. I start by applying the NYX Eyeshadow Base and as I do not wear eyeshadow every day, I use my bronzer just to add some definition to my crease with a bit of highlight to my brow bone. To complete my eye makeup I use an eyelash curler which makes a difference before applying mascara and for this last, I use the Rimmel WonderLash Mascara, reviewed here, for a natural look.

Once my base is set, I use the MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter Pen for a double duty; to brighten up the under eye area and clean any follow outs if there is any.

The next step; bronzing, is my favourite in makeup. My new discovery is the Body Shop Honey Bronzer Bronzing Powder which I’m so obsessed with at the moment. It is a pretty matte bronzer giving the face real warmth without being overly obvious. For a sweet hint of colour, I dust some of the Chanel Powder Blush on the apples of my cheeks and of course I have to add the kiss of glow to the top of my cheek bones, bridge of my nose and the cupid bow using the Watt’s Up Highlighter from Benefit, reviewed here.

Last but not least, lips! I’m not having a favourite one; however I wear mainly nudes and pinks.

That’s it for my daily makeup essentials. I might not be sticking to the order of application as I mentioned here, but that’s the order that works perfectly for me. Furthermore, I keep on trying new products and sometimes I might put less while other times I would go for more. It all actually depends on how I’m feeling that particular day.


You May Also Like

0 comments