Disappointing Products #1

by - 11:06:00 AM


I’m sure you already know this, I try out a lot of beauty products and there are lots of hits to make it to my Holy Grail list and lots of misses as well that don’t impress me. It takes me months picking these products as I don’t immediately classify a product as “disappointing” for not delivering from the first time. Another essential fact to keep in mind, the following is my personal experience and opinion on these products. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are bad but it just didn’t work the way I expected them to. With no further ado…

Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner| I’m pretty sure I’m one of few who agree that this eyeliner didn’t live up to the hype. The texture is very flaky which makes the application a disaster. I have already posted a complete review about this liner and you can check it here.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil| As everyone says, these pencils are nice and easy to work with. They have great color payoff with a very soft and creamy consistency nevertheless with or without primer they crease on me. Unfortunately they are a miss for me especially when looking at the wide range of pretty colors they provide at a very affordable price.

Elf SPF 20 Sunscreen Face Primer| I love e.l.f products. Their quality is amazing with a plus of being one of the very cheap products. Sadly the SPF 20 Sunscreen Face Primer is the first one to disappoint me from this brand. It leaves such a greasy layer due to silicon it contains, with or without the application of moisturizer. Adding to that I don’t think it has a power in terms of longevity of the makeup.

Clinique airbrush concealer| I had really high expectations on this one and before even trying it, I decided to have it in my Holy Grail list and I was wrong. Clinique has been for years my first brand of choice when it comes to skincare, they are simply remarkable. The airbrush concealer is a pen type applicator with a small brush that makes it perfect for precise application however it’s not doing any impressive job in covering my mild dark circles. I honestly I believe it is mainly targeting fair skin people with pink undertones.

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel| This gel was my first brow gel I bought. Bad choice! I dislike this product for one main reason; the wand. It is really big and it picks a lot of product which tends to become quite messy and clumpy. Despite scrapping the excess of product off before application, it is still difficult to use.

Until next time.


You May Also Like

0 comments