Morning Skin Care Routine | Summer Edit

by - 12:46:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

Today I will take you through my summer morning skin care routine and if you are new to my blog, I have normal to dry skin and I live in very hot and humid Dubai. In my choice of products here I mainly focused on hydrating and protecting my skin as it gets unbelievably dehydrated and tend to look dull due to high temperatures and continuous running AC everywhere. Saying that, lightweight products are definitely my picks.


It is a very simple and minimal regimen featuring some nice products I have been lovin’ lately. I first start by splashing cold water on my face and brushing my teeth of course and I will then grab my Garnier Smoothing Cream Cleanser. This is a gentle and creamy cleanser that helps restore the softness of the skin without drying it out. It contains Jojoba and Macadamia Oils and I really enjoy it however I won’t be repurchasing it as it has paraben.  Right after, and it’s probably my favorite part, which is toning. For that, I spritz my DIY toner or facial mist, whatever you wanna call it, which consists of ½ cup Organic Witch Hazel, ½ cup rose water and lavender essential oil (you can add any essential oil of your choice). I’ve got to say that I’m so in love with this toner, it’s so refreshing and the smell is just stunning; it’s exactly what you need to start your day.

Next, is a step I’ve been re-applying lately and I’m really lovin’ it. It is the serum and I’m using the organic Argan Oil for that. I don’t think I need to talk any further about how amazing this oil is; it helps keep my skin incredibly hydrated and supple throughout the whole day. The last step is moisturizing and I start by applying the Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 age defense eye cream, which is my favorite because it’s so lightweight and has SPF 20 which is really rare finding in eye creams and coming to my face and neck I applied for the past couple of months the Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream, which I reviewed here but for the past week or ten day I’ve been enjoying the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light. I’m really liking this one because it’s so lightweight with a typical scent of the french skin care products, as I believe is based on water and sinks immediately into the skin providing the necessary hydration you need for the day. Another reason why I love this moisturizer is because it reminds me a lot of my adorable auntie Latifa in Paris as she used to have exactly the same scent and I just wonder if she wasn’t using the same cream???  

Last but certainly not least, and this step comes just before applying my makeup, I apply a sunscreen, even if I’m not leaving the house and my go-to one is the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Comfort Cream. I’ve got to say that it’s NOT a lightweight one. It gets a tiny bit sticky on the face and has a thin white layer, just like most of sunscreens but for a maximum protection of SPF50+ I don’t really mind that. Not to forget my lips, I’ve been using the Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm which kinda works for me only in hot months and I can’t stand it in winter. Weird No????

This is it for my morning summer skin care routine. Hope this post was helpful and stay tuned for the evening one. Have a great day!


You May Also Like

0 comments