Disappointing Products #2

by - 9:51:00 AM


My first post about the products that didn’t live up to their expectations was quite a hit, which I didn’t expect to be honest with you, and today I’m coming with a new list of beauty items that in a way or another let me down. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with these products/brand but they simply failed to deliver the way I would like them to do.

To start I will be talking about the e.l.f foundation serum. When I first tried it I was almost sure that they got me the wrong product. The foundation itself is too liquid-y that made me read again the packaging just to make sure that this is a foundation because it’s first one that too runny that I personally try. I’m not blessed with a perfect clear skin and that makes me always ran after something to cover my imperfections while this one was not in that frame, it’s very light that it feels like nothing, which is not bad but not for me… And now that I’m typing this post, I’m thinking that maybe I should give it a last try as a foundation base or in better words as a tinted primer. .. I should try and let you know.

I am a fan of contouring, I love how it shapes and embellishes the face features but using the L’Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette was a total fail. I’m not gonna go in much details for this one but if you want to know any further you can stop by my full review here.

There is nothing I hate in mascaras more than a heavy clumpy one and the Bourjois Push Up Volume Glamour in Fabulous Brown was just this. The wand is pretty big and picks up hell of product that I can’t even see the wand’s bristles and it sits on the lashes. I’ve tried many times and of course I did remove the excess of product but it’s simply not working for me. I’m afraid.

Another mascara that I don’t rate high, is the e.l.f Beautifully Bare Defining Mascara in Buff Black, which I think is discontinued as I can’t find it anymore in their website. The packaging is awesome and being a fan of e.l.f products I assumed I will enjoy this one but unfortunately I didn’t. I like products that are pretty much practical while the e.l.f mascara is a mono task item; it separates the lashes pretty well but don’t expect anything more than that. The formula is a wet one which is annoying as not only there is no volume or length but I could feel my lashes sticking together throughout the day and no no no … It’s a big Hit here.  

Next on my list is the Catrice Multi Matt Blush in 010 Love, Rosie. It is for a fact, the first Catrice product to disappoint me due to its too powdery texture which makes it very hard to blend and looks chalky despite its lovely color combo.

Finally the Corine de Farme Purity Micellar Water that I’m not a fan of. For having 97% natural ingredients I was expecting lots. To start, it didn’t remove my makeup in an efficient way and when reaching for the eyes area it stings badly and worst of all, after finishing my face was all sticky and didn’t feel at all like water. It was too heavy and the smell is overpowering for a sensitive skin dedicated product.

This was my experience and opinions of these products and once more what doesn’t impress me might be your holy grail. Thanks a lot for dropping by!


You May Also Like

0 comments