Disappointing Products #3

by - 5:51:00 PM


It’s been quite a while since my last “Disappointing Products’ blog post. And since lot of you (including myself) seem to enjoy this kind of posts, here I come with a new list of products that let ME down. This isn’t to slander the brand in any of the ways, I simply I didn’t get along with these products, which could be a star product for you.

Let me start with the Clinique EvenBetter Dark Spot Corrector for which I really had high hopes. To be frank, I have had experiences with Clinique products and I was nothing but impressed. This, clinically proven serum, is comparable to a leading prescription in fading the dark spot and acne scars. It is made of a more stable form of Vitamin C for brightening effects along with mulberry extract and other exfoliating agents for better product penetration. I have used up 2 or 3 bottles of it already and let me tell you this is so bloody expensive! Nevertheless, I haven’t seen any improvement in my pigmentation or in my acne scars. I’ve got to say that it’s just an average skin lightening product despite its great ingredients.

I don’t use a lot of Max Factor products, though one of my favorite primer is the Face Finity All Day Primer, reviewed here, and that was one good reason to make me curious and try the MaxFactor all-day flawless 3-in-1 foundation. It’s has a matte finish, which I’m all right with, but it tends every single time to make my skin look extremely parched and the foundation clogs each one of my pores and sits in my dry areas. Another con on this foundation is the formula that’s very difficult to spread which made this product a total no go for me.

I love Essence brand and I love how affordable their products are however I hate the feeling of sticky glossy lipstick on my lips and that’s exactly what you get with the Essence LiquidLipsticks. The formula is certainly not of a liquid lipstick but more of a tick gloss that’s quite difficult to apply which results to a patchy finish.

Another lip products that I will include in this post is the Sleek Power Plump Lip Pencils. In fairness to these products, the color and pigmentation are stunning, the application is also just like a dream. However, these pencils are designed with a light tingle to plump up the lips which was quite interesting when I first read it but once the tingling started, the intensity unbearable. It was supposed to end after a minute or so but it was present for almost an hour which was very uncomfortable for me to the level I felt my lips literally burning.

This is it for today. Stay tuned and until next time :)


You May Also Like

0 comments