A Mum's Makeup On The Run!

by - 10:13:00 AM


As a mother of two, one of them being a new born, my makeup routine is becoming more about speed. Most of the days I can only spare 5 to 10 minutes to stop me from looking like the “walking dead”. And along with a speedier application, I had to figure out the products that work best for me and the ones I could skip and get away with it… But if you’re anything like me, you would know that doing a defined brow can take more time. However,  I’m practicing and I’m getting there…. I have to anyway!!

When time is the essence of my makeup routine, a “do-it-all” product answers my call. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer is surely one of those. It is by far my favorite in its category. I even lost the count of how many I’ve used up till date. I use it all over my face. It is not only lightweight and long lasting but it offers a great coverage and blends in no time. And to set this off, I’ve been using lately the MAC Studio Fix Powder.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t live the house without a bronzer. Though I would love a good contour but this step counts for luxury in my case. Nevertheless, I got it sorted using the Benefit Hoola bronzer. It’s matte, yet gives a sun kissed look, blends easily and lasts all day. Then, comes “Glow Time” and for that Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle is my one. I also use it for my brow bone and the corner of my eyes. I love how subtle it is and each time its lasting power impresses me.

To widen my tiny eyes, I need mascara in my life; one that leaves my lashes full and long with minimal effort and that’s simply the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. Whereas, the Anastacia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade saved my non-existing brows. It is waterproof and lasts all day, especially when set with the Benefit Gimme Brow. This combo is a serious bom.com.

I’m not a lipstick fan. That’s not to say I do not wear one, but most days, a lip balm with a hint of color does the job for me. My current staples are the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 and the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in O6 Whoppin’ Watermelon. Very comfortable formula that combines makeup and skin care.

This was my foolproof makeup routine for those busy days featuring my favorite smart products that certainly make me feel better afterwards and satisfied to a certain level.

Thank you for stopping by …


You May Also Like

0 comments