I Fell Out Of Love With Blogging

by - 9:05:00 AM


I have been hesitant if I really should write this post or not. I’m sure that, those who follow me, have noticed that the content has become less regular around here in 2017, and that’s simply because I fell out of love with blogging.

When I started this blog, I was raving around me about how fun it is to blog and write. However, a lot guided me away from it and at a certain point, I found myself debating whether it’s worth to continue or I should just step away. And every time I considered coming back, the blogging process got in the way and pushed me back again and again.

Starting a full-time job and being a mum, only made my priorities entirely flip, especially with that guilt feeling every working mum has towards her kids, I then found myself dedicating every free minute I had to my child. Then pregnancy came on the way, which only helped putting blogging at the bottom of my priorities with all what it brought.

Additionally, I’m always having a frustration at my content and progress. I’ve always been very critical and never thought that my content is good enough though that didn’t stop me. And it has never been about quantity or scraping the barrel’s bottom of whatever posts I can come up with. But who am I kidding here?? I’m nor a gifted writer nor a photographer nevertheless I have been working hard to reach that picture of a perfect blogger, and I know for a fact, I still have a long way to go. What I mean to say; blogging was, to me at least, no longer becoming my little online space I enjoyed especially that nowadays, things feel more like who has the most of Instagram followers, and biggest brands you’ve worked with and how many posts you can make a week. And this only added to the feeling that I’ll never be as good as some other bloggers.

So, I took a step back.

I needed to remind myself that blogging for me is just a hobby. Whether someone reads my content or not, and no offense here folks, whether brands find it interesting or not, it’s my little space that I enjoy without pressure of posting on a strict time table or comparing myself to other bloggers. This is only my corner that represents my pure and honest opinion without also having to break my bank since every single product I’m reviewing here is 100% paid from my own money…

I have then decided to start back blogging and I really miss it.


You May Also Like

0 comments