My Week In Lipsticks

by - 8:31:00 AM


Several times I mentioned in this blog that I’m not a lipstick person and I tend to stick to the exact same things over and over and the rest of my collection is simply never used. I then decided to start my own “Week in lipsticks” diary to document the shades I’ve been using in a week and it’s also a way of trying different products in my collection.

I’ll be frank, I wasn’t distant from my nudes and pinks but I managed to try and mix my lip products throughout this week. In fact, it’s such a great way to try more products and colors that I normally tend to neglect or forget. The past week was mainly spent at work and trying to get my blogging back into the routine.

Sunday
It is the first day of the week and at work and just like everybody I hate it. I normally go for something that’s very comfortable to wear, surprise surprise. For that reason, I picked the Essence long lasting lipstick in 05 Cool Nude which is a perfect brown pink shade for everyday, which I reviewed here. It is one the super creamy and lightweight lipsticks that I own and enjoy despite the “so not impressive” lasting power.

Monday
Another day at work; having a bit more energy than the day before, I went for the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05. I was totally sold by this product from the first time I tried it. It’s a smart product that combines makeup and skincare. It’s one of the most comfortable formulas out there. It is intensely hydrating while being a gel formula without stickiness and has a lovely sweet vanilla scent. The finish is glossy with slight pigment making this whole combination complete the most natural look.

Tuesday
For Tuesday, I chose the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 10 Don’t pink of it!, which I reviewed briefly here. It is a unique and interesting formula that doesn’t dry completely matte and is at the same time lightweight and creamy. The color is a perfect nude pink with an impressive pigmentation as well as the staying power. I probably should get more shades of this range. The color is the perfect nude pink.

Wednesday
I woke up feeling the need of being glowy that day, I wore the Mac Syrup Lustre Lipstick. It is a cloudy pink as MAC likes to describe it. It has certainly been well loved and I’m starting to run out of .. So sad. In fact, it’s a great everyday shade; being a duty pink with a hint of shine and glossiness. It’s another lipstick that’s hydrating and feels like nothing on the lips.

Thursday 
Thursday has been a tame day; getting in the weekend mode. I picked the Mac cremesheen Shangai Spice which is a new purchase that I had my eyes on for quite some time.  MAC describes it as frosted neutral pink shade. I would say, the shade is nude but bordering more peach color then pink. Frostiness, I’m not sure of this part. No doubt it’s a beautiful shade for daily basis that looks very natural with a gorgeous shine. The texture is also soft and very creamy.

Friday
Friday is usually a day at home after a long week at work. Who says home, says NO makeup however I can’t live without a lip balm and especially not in winter time. My one of choice for day wear is the Noviderm Soothing Repair Lipstick which I reviewed here. It’s such an effective lip balm; very hydrating with a light texture.

Saturday
Usually I’m running around on Saturdays in my 2nd favorite outfit after my PJs; joggings and a hoody. I also like a very minimal makeup on this day, so I picked the Rimmel Nude By Kate in 43, reviewed here. It is such a beautiful shade; a pure nude with peach undertones that has a very soft and smooth texture. It is certainly the perfect lipstick for such relaxed days.


So there you have it, my lipsticks lowdown for the last week! That could be not the most exciting “Week in lipsticks” post as the shades are pretty similar but they’re my favorites.


You May Also Like

0 comments